Re: Suitable Driver ?

От Alex Pilosov
Тема Re: Suitable Driver ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Balaji Venkatesan wrote:

>         Now i need to install DBD For PGSQL .Is
>         this the driver i have to work on for pgsql ?.
>         Or do I have any other option to connect to pgsql
>         from perl . Indeed i've found out an other way
>         to use Pg driver provided by PGSQL to interface
>         perl with pgsql.
You need DBD::Pg, which is a DBD driver for postgres.

>         I need to exactly know the difference between
>         use Pg ; and use DBI ; Need to which one is
>         proceeding towards correct direction under what circumstances.
You need use DBI; and use DBD::Pg;
Pg by itself is slightly lower-level module that is similar to C interface
to postgresql.

>         when I tried to install DBD-Pg-0.93.tar.gz under Linux
>         i get
>
>         Configuring Pg
>         Remember to actually read the README file !
>         please set environment variables POSTGRES_INCLUDE and POSTGRES_LIB !
>
>         I need to know what these varibles POSTGRES_INCLUDE and POSTGRES_LIB
>         should point to ...
To location of your installed postgres includes' and libraries
For example:

export POSTGRES_INCLUDE=/usr/local/pgsql/include
export POSTGRES_LIB=/usr/local/pgsql/lib

-alex

От: Michael Meskes
Сообщение: Deadlock? idle in transaction
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: pg_result -list