Re: selecting from cursor

От Alex Pilosov
Тема Re: selecting from cursor
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Alex Pilosov wrote:

> Erm, forgot to attach the patch. Here it is.
(yow) don't even bother looking at this patch. mail server delayed this
message by almost a week, and by now, the code is totally changed.

I took Tom's suggestion and made RTE a union. So, the below is a new
definition of RTE:

I have most of portal-related code working, only executor needs some more
fixes. Code properly makes PortalScan Path entry, PortalScan Plan nodes,
etc. I have added PortalReScan to tell portal it needs to rescan itself.

I'll post a correct patch next week. Thank you to everyone and especially
Tom for bearing with my often stupid questions.

--cut here--rte definition--
typedef enum RTEType {   RTE_RELATION,   RTE_SUBSELECT,   RTE_PORTAL
} RTEType;

typedef struct RangeTblEntry
{   NodeTag     type;   RTEType     rtetype;   /*    * Fields valid in all RTEs:    */   Attr       *alias;          /*
user-writtenalias clause, if any */   Attr       *eref;           /* expanded reference names */   bool        inh;
      /* inheritance requested? */   bool        inFromCl;       /* present in FROM clause */   bool
checkForRead;  /* check rel for read access */   bool        checkForWrite;  /* check rel for write access */   Oid
   checkAsUser;    /* if not zero, check access as this user

*/     union {       struct  {           /* Fields for a plain relation RTE (rtetype=RTE_RELATION) */           char
  *relname;        /* real name of the relation */           Oid         relid;          /* OID of the relation */
} rel;       struct {           /* Fields for a subquery RTE (rtetype=RTE_SUBSELECT) */           Query      *subquery;
     /* the sub-query */       } sub;       struct {           /* fields for portal RTE (rtetype=RTE_PORTAL) */
 char          *portalname;    /* portal's name */       } portal;   } u;

} RangeTblEntry;

От: Alex Pilosov
Сообщение: Re: New SQL Datatype RECURRINGCHAR
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Async PQgetResult() question.