Re: How to create a *pass-through-query* in postgresql

От Alex Pilosov
Тема Re: How to create a *pass-through-query* in postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
No, you could not do that _easily_.

You'd have to write some sort of a Postgres (C) wrapper against
unix-to-odbc libraries, to be able to do something like that. Very
nontrivial task. Also you may consider trying to use plperl and perl's
DBD interface to a DBD-to-ODBC proxy running on windows. At either case,
with current state of plperl it'll be a challenging thing...

-alex

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, [iso-8859-1] DI Hasen�hrl wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I use postgresql as backend and MsAccess97 as frontend via ODBC.
> I know, how to use VBA and pass through queries to update or insert rows in postgresql-tables.
> But I don't know, how to do this the other way round, from postgresql to MsAccess.
> I want to develop a trigger, which updates or inserts rows in some local tables in MsAccess on the client side.
>
> How can I realize a *pass through query* in postgresql ( with plpgsql ?) to be executed in MsAccess?
>
> Is there a possibility, to send updates or inserts from postgresql-tables to local MsAccess-tables (without linked
tables)

> I have the following situation:
>   1 postgresql database and some clients on different locations, connected via internet
>   I want to hold some information realy local (no linked table) to the clients and to the host, because the
connectionis not very fast

>   when client_1 changes a special table in the postgresql DB, this should be transmitted to a local MsAccess-table to
client_2

> Can I solve this problem with plpgsql????????????
>
> Please, can anyone help me to solve this problem.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Irina
>
> E-Mail: i.hasenoehrl@aon.at

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: