Re: Well, we seem to be proof against cache-inval problems now

От Alex Pilosov
Тема Re: Well, we seem to be proof against cache-inval problems now
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> I just finished running the parallel regress tests with inval.c rigged
> to flush the relcache and syscache at every available opportunity,
> that is anytime we could recognize a shared-cache-inval message from
> another backend (see diff below).  This setup gives a whole new universe
> of meaning to the word "slow" --- it took *three full days* to run the
> standard "make check" procedure, including eighteen hours just to do the
> "vacuum template1" part of initdb.  I kid you not.  But it worked.
> Looks like the unexpected-cache-entry-drop class of problems are indeed
> gone.
Tom, I'm not sure how (or whether) this relates to "alter table" happening
when someone else is doing a SELECT from table. Are you saying that it
should work without any locking or I'm completely off base?

-alex

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Re: [GENERAL] pg_dump return status..
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Well, we seem to be proof against cache-inval problems now