Re: INET/CIDR types

От Alex Pilosov
Тема Re: INET/CIDR types
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
This whole discussion is quite silly guys.

It is quite reasonable to have ability to split CIDR net into two pieces:
the network and the bitshift. Second one is already possible, the first
one can be accomplished by having functions to convert a cidr/inet to int8
(not int4 because of sign thing), and back.

Its also very easy to implement ;)

This will actually come very useful for many applications. Something I'm
working on now (allocation of 'most appropriate' block) requires ability
to split a netblock into two, which could be most easily accomplished
using int8 math. (net::int8+2^(netmask(net)-1)).

Now, patch anyone? :)
-alex