Re: PostgreSQL capabilities

От Alex Pilosov
Тема Re: PostgreSQL capabilities
Дата
Список pgsql-general
It means Postgres can do a reliable backup (a consistent snapshot) of a
database without shutting down the database.

What you are asking for is replication, which is not easy to implement,
and almost damn impossible to get it RIGHT. (*curse at both Sybase and
Oracle replication servers*). (i.e. how do you resolve replication
conflicts, how do you resync databases for which you don't have
transaction logs, etc). I assume for Postgres, replication is a
possibility after WAL is implemented...