pg_log >> groving to infinity in 6.5.1

От Richard Bouska
Тема pg_log >> groving to infinity in 6.5.1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello in 6.5.1 i noticed this strange behavior;
I have database vith about 50 table and the whole amount of date in them
is aprox 30M.
But the size of pg_log after a two weeks of using the db is 0.5G !!?
I am using large object - so the dump and reload is rathe painfull. I have
script which dumps the db every week removes all files and initlocation,
ititbd createusers ....
But that's rather dangerous solution.
I am using the db for fulltext search so there are some big tables of
words and big referencig tablese between words and records in other
tables.
This table are deleted and rebuild every night.
Is there any way how to tell to postres to shring the pg_log?

Thank You very much.

Richard Bouska
Richard@Bouska.cz

PS: I tryed to find some hints on dejanews and in archives, but found
nothing promissing the solution.; vacuum verbose analyze does not help.