Re: [HACKERS] psql \d does not work

От Angelos Karageorgiou
Тема Re: [HACKERS] psql \d does not work
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 27 Dec 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Strange.  I thought I used shlicc on 6.3 and bsdi 3.1, but I am not
> sure.

Well you are right, after a lot of investigating I found out that it was
neither shlicc2's fault nor postgres's what had happened is that I was using
6.4.beta2 and have moved things about a bit. As a result the pg_shadow
table existed but the pg_user did NOT.

So when psql was doing a select from pg_user the back end would crash, not
crash really but disconnect.

I redid the initdb and reloaded all my postgress databases and everything is
fine.

BTW the reason I was using a beta is that 6.3.2 and locales did not work
together all to well. Now I am happy

--
Incredible Networks LTD       Angelos Karageorgiou
20 Karea st,                  +30.1.92.12.312 (voice)