Re: Does this look ethical to you?

От brew@theMode.com
Тема Re: Does this look ethical to you?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tony.....

> I was doing a search on Google and found this link on Navicat's web page
>
> http://pgsql.navicat.com/PG_Lightning_Admin/index.php
>
> I am kind of ticked off that they are hijacking my product name this way.

Well, technically they aren't hijacking your product name, they are
hijacking some of your potential users by putting your product name in the
page title and page url and saying they have a replacement that's better.

It sucks.

However, there are some positives.

They didn't put your product name in the page keywords.

It makes them look bad, sort of like when politicians sling mud.  I make
it a point NEVER to vote for a candidate that does that.  (Obviously I
vote for a lot of Independents).

They are giving your product some extra credence by even using it as a
measuring stick to theirs.

But it still sucks......

Occasionally I find somebody stealing my Musicians Classified Listings and
I've had the same ticked off feeling.  In the long run I just grin and
take it (and do what I can to make it harder for other sites to steal
listings, but I can't think how you could do something like that in this
situation).

Maybe if you take the high road you could work something out that would
help you both?

Well, good luck with it....

brew

                  Strange Brew   (brew@theMode.com)
  Check out my Stock Option Covered Call website  http://www.callpix.com
     and my Musician's Online Database Exchange http://www.TheMode.com

Сообщение: Re: Does this look ethical to you?
Сообщение: Re: Does this look ethical to you?