Re: Getting started - Interfacing questions

От brew@theMode.com
Тема Re: Getting started - Interfacing questions
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
David.....

> One restriction (sort of) that I'm trying to follow is that my system is
> Debian and I'm _trying_ to stay within the Debian packaging scheme as
> much as possible, although it's not a strict requirement.

Oh, good, you *ARE* running *nix!

I run Debian, too.  And I confess.... on all four of my Debian machines I
run packages straight from stable.  PostgreSQL 7.2.1 works fine, even on
my active production web server (although it's a fairly small
database).

The stable Debian packages would certainly do the job for you.

Here are the Apache, php, perl and postgresql packages I have installed,
straight from dpkg -l for your reference.

ii  apache         1.3.26-0woody6 Versatile, high-performance HTTP server
ii  apache-common  1.3.26-0woody6 Support files for all Apache webservers
ii  libdbi-perl    1.21-2woody2   The Perl5 Database Interface by Tim Bunce
ii  perl           5.6.1-8.8      Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report
ii  perl-base      5.6.1-8.8      The Pathologically Eclectic Rubbish Lister.
ii  perl-doc       5.6.1-8.8      Perl documentation.
ii  perl-modules   5.6.1-8.8      Core Perl modules.
ii  php4           4.1.2-7.0.1    A server-side, HTML-embedded scripting langu
ii  php4-cgi       4.1.2-7.0.1    A server-side, HTML-embedded scripting langu
ii  phpdoc         20020310-1     Documentation for PHP4 and PHP3
ii  postgresql     7.2.1-2woody7  Object-relational SQL database, descended fr
ii  postgresql-cli 7.2.1-2woody7  Front-end programs for PostgreSQL
ii  postgresql-doc 7.2.1-2woody7  Documentation for the PostgreSQL database.

Hope this helps.

brew

                  Strange Brew   (brew@theMode.com)
  Check out my Stock Option Covered Call website  http://www.callpix.com