Re: upgrade from 7.0 to 7.2

От brew@theMode.com
Тема Re: upgrade from 7.0 to 7.2
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi.....

Don't know if anybody answered yet, I didn't notice anybody......

> I am very new to any type of database.  my hosting company has upgraded
> postgresql to 7.0 to 7.2.  Before upgrade I ran pg_dump and pg_dumpall
> and saved results reseptively in dump.db and dump_all.db.  Now I will
> like to convert my data to be compatible with 7.2.  What are the minimum
> commands to restore my data??

On the command line use:

psql database_name

to enter into the monitor program and then....

\i DUMP_FILENAME

That will execute the commands and data in your database dump file on
the monitor and load it into the database.

I always have to play with it a little, changing databases and owners,
etc. because I usually go from one machine to another with different
permissions.  Since in your case it's the same machine maybe you'll do OK.

You can get a bunch of help from within the psql monitor with \? and
\help, these are two different menus and categories of help.  One helps
with SQL commands, the other helps with psql commands available from
within the monitor.

brew