Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Katie Ward wrote:

> > good... Still,
> > the SQL 2000

> > few hundred

> > > We did that as part of our internal testing, using the ATM
> > database and a
> > > dual-processor machine.  We tried both with clients connecting and
> > > disconnection quickly, and with large numbers of clients that stayed
> > > connected for a while, all extremely active.  Native Win32 performed
> > > comparably with running the same test on comparable machines on LINUX.
> > > Nothing crashed.
> >
> > The code's been available for what a week or two?  Do you actually
> > think that can be considered conclusive by any standard?
> >
> > Vince.
>
> I am the lead developer on the native windows port.  I have been using and
> testing it for 6 months.  However, what testing is ever conclusive?.  It is
> just evidence that more testing by more people should be done.

Testing to what standards?  IMO the lead developer performing these tests
is even less than scientific.  There are things you will always know that
someone else testing it won't know and they will be more likely to try
something that you wouldn't that may show less than stellar results.
You've tried what's supposed to work, but how much effort have you put in
that's not supposed to work?  Are you that sure that if you were to feed
an oddball query that will simply close the backend on a unix platform
won't send your OS off into the weeds?

Vince.
-- Fast, inexpensive internet service 56k and beyond!  http://www.pop4.net/  http://www.meanstreamradio.com
http://www.unknown-artists.com       Internet radio: It's not file sharing, it's just radio.

Сообщение: Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System
Сообщение: Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System