Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 8 Dec 2002, Robert Treat wrote:

> On Saturday 07 December 2002 11:10 pm, Vince Vielhaber wrote:
> > >
> > > This is one of the primary reasons the sites are so fractured. We have 4
> > > different mailing lists for website development (and I'm not counting
> > > advocacy as one of those) and the folks maintaining those lists seem to
> > > be against letting anyone into their fiefdoms.
> >
> > Well we told you a few times which list you were supposed to subscribe
> > to but over and over again you didn't.  I just finished approving your
> > subscription to the list we've been telling you to join.
> >

> And I have multiple "subscription denied"  emails from lists I've tried to
> join.  In fact I was just rejected again from joining pgsql-www.  Given that
> I'm one of the few people who have actually donated content and/or code to
> techdocs, advocacy, and the new portal site; not to mention I already have
> shell access for the backend servers; also not to mention my helping out with
> the sourceforge PostgreSQL project page; and finally not to mention  my solid
> open source background which includes coding for the phpPgAdmin project and
> work as a php foundry administrator for sourceforge, among other projects; I
> have to ask what the hell could be so secretive and important about that list
> that people would complain about lack of communication and yet I can't be
> allowed access to that group?!?

Exactly, and pgsql-www is the wrong goddam list!  I've told you over
and over again.  pgsql-www is the list that the group leaders use to
collaborate.  Over and over again we told you to join pgsql-www-main,
which is an invitation only list for development of the soon to be
released portal.

I'm the one that approves or denies the subscriptions to BOTH of those
lists and the first time I denied you I sent you a note telling you
not only why I denied it, but which list you were SUPPOSED to join.

Vince.
-- Fast, inexpensive internet service 56k and beyond!  http://www.pop4.net/  http://www.meanstreamradio.com
http://www.unknown-artists.com       Internet radio: It's not file sharing, it's just radio.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group