Re: Separating data sets in a table

От Mark Stosberg
Тема Re: Separating data sets in a table
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Thu, 22 Aug 2002, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to solve the following problem:
>
> CREATE TABLE Ref    ( Id int ) ;
> CREATE TABLE Import ( Id    int,
>                       Other varchar(42),
>                       Flag  int,
>                       Ts    timestamp ) ;
> CREATE TABLE Data   ( Id    int,
>                       Other varchar(42) ) ;

Hello Andreas,

I it might be easier to help you with your problem if you take a step
back from it. What you are describing here is an at attempt at solving
your particular problem, but you don't clearly define exactly what the
larger problem. I get the sense that you have data you importing on a
regular basis from outside Postgres, and you want to check it before
it get moves into production, but I'm not exactly sure what's happening.

Could you clarify what you are trying to do, not in the SQL, but just
the english version of what's happening? I think it might be easier to
help you solve your problem with that knowledge.

Thanks,
 -mark

http://mark.stosberg.com/

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: