Re: Very long VACUUM time ...

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: Very long VACUUM time ...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Depends on alot of things ... big one is when was the last vacuum and how
much has been DELETEd/UPDATEd since then?

I have one client that has a nice simple table with something like 5
records in it ... it gets UPDATEd soooooo much that the table grows from
~8k to 64Meg in a matter of hours ... if I vacuum every 2hrs, it takes
alot less time then, say, ever 6hrs, since its got less changes to deal
with cleaing out ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org