Re: Current CVS in a bad state?

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: Current CVS in a bad state?
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, Peter T Mount wrote:

> Quoting Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
>
> > Peter T Mount <peter@retep.org.uk> writes:
> > > Hmmm, I've just checked out the current cvs, and the directory:
> > >   src/interfaces/jdbc/postgresql
> > > has reappeared. This was deleted quite a few months ago and is
> > > obsolete.
> >
> > Did you use -P during the checkout?
>
> No, but then the last time I did this (about a month ago) I didn't then either.
>
> As I just said to Marc, I remember the directory being deleted on the server
> side after I had done a cvs delete.

don't scare me like that, eh? :)  nothing should ever be 'physically'
removed:

hub# du
19      ./fastpath/Attic
20      ./fastpath
197     ./jdbc1/Attic
198     ./jdbc1
27      ./geometric/Attic
28      ./geometric
19      ./largeobject/Attic
20      ./largeobject
58      ./util/Attic
59      ./util
220     ./jdbc2/Attic
221     ./jdbc2
489     ./Attic
1036    .

but you have to use the -P option if you don't want to see 'deleted' files

I always run either:

cvs checkout -P <module>

or

cvs update -APd <module>

I think -A removes teh sticky bit, so if you are working on an older
release, don't use -A :)