Re: Spinlocks on SGI's

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: Spinlocks on SGI's
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, Robert E. Bruccoleri wrote:

> Dear Marc,
> >
> > On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, Robert E. Bruccoleri wrote:
> >
> > > I contributed the first working s_lock.c code for the SGI's over three
> > > years ago (using the test_and_set library calls). It's been working
> > > for me ever since in a heavy multi-user environment. Please don't
> > > change it unless there's an overwhelming reason.
> > >
> > > Also, the GNU compiler systems works poorly on SGI's. In this
> > > environment, you need to stick to the SGI provided compilers. Once you
> > > get used to them, they work fairly well.
> >
> > Robert, any possibility of getting pre-compiled binaries for SGI that we
> > can put up on the site?  For those that can't afford the extra cost of the
> > compilers? :)
>
> Yes. What exactly do you need from the Postgresql tree after a successful
> compilation and test?

easiest, I think, unless SGI has a special packaging (pkg_add) format, is
a tar of /usr/local/pgsql ... that *should* have everything required ...
bin, libs and includes ...

if you could create one based on RC1 and upload that, then we can get some
testing on whether or not that works before the release?

login info to follow ...