Re: When replication?

От Francisco Reyes
Тема Re: When replication?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
> We try for a 4month cycle, but, at times, the beta itself is taking a few
> months ... v7.1 was schedualed for Jan 1st of this year, but, beta has
> fleshed out some pretty big bugs, so its been taking a little longer

So why not try for 6 month releases instead?
I would guess that most people want to get the DB when it is stable and
tested.

> beta4 is sschedualed for Friday, and Bruce has something like 50
> 'open items'

Does PostgreSQL compiles directly from sources on FreeBSD?
Is there an easy way to try Betas? At work I have several machines that I
could use to install/try out Beta and help out with the testing.
At work and production boxes I am going to stick to whatever there is a
port for FreeBSD.