Re: bitwise again

От Philip Hallstrom
Тема Re: bitwise again
Дата
Список pgsql-general
As someone else pointed out you can upgrade to 7.1.  Or you can add your
own operators/functions.

I've included the C source and SQL create script.  You'll need to do this
as the postgres superuser.  And you'll probably need to edit the SQL
script and adjust the path of the .so file.  The .c file has what I use
for compilation (you'll need to tweak that as well).

The only gotcha is that you can't remove the NOT operator (it's a bug in
7.0.3) using the DROP OPERATOR statement.

-philip

On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Alexander Lohse wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having serious troubles to move my DBs from MySQL to Postgres.
>
> In MySQL I use following bitwise operation on an INT field:
>
> $q = "select id from my_tbl where aid & 2";
>
> In Postgres I tried the same, but I found no working solution.
>
> My basic questions:
>
> Is it better(or even possible) to use bitwise operator on an int4
> field or shall I prefer the varbit?
> (In my logic I would prefer int4!)
>
> Using the above as in MySQL, I get an ERROR:
> WHERE clause must return type bool, not type int4
>
> Can anyone point me to a right doc or kickstart myself?
>
> Thanx,
>
> Alex
>

> --
> ___________________________