Re: AW: Re: GiST for 7.1 !!

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: AW: Re: GiST for 7.1 !!
Дата
Re: AW: Re: GiST for 7.1 !!  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
> > > I understand Tom's arguments and respect his experience, so I think it's
> > > possible to put link to my page in 7.1 docs for people interested in
> > > GiST features.
> >
> > Bear in mind that I only have one core vote ;-).  We've already had some
> > private core discussion about whether to accept this patch now, and so
> > far I think I'm outvoted.
> >

> There are several Tom Lane, judge by your activity. You probably need
> several votes.
>
> > Did I understand you to say that you'd added some regression tests for
> > GiST?  That would lessen my unhappiness a little bit ...
>
> Yes, we did. Currently all files are available from my page
> http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/gist/
> I could submit them to hackers list if CORE people got consensus

Okay, if there are appropriate regression tests, I'm going to say go for
it ...

Does anyone have any objections to my downloading the tar file (doing that
now), committing the changes and wrapping up a quick Beta4 just so that we
have a tar ball that is testable right away?

Save Lamar and the other packagers a bit of work by avoiding beta3
packages :)