Re: Link to bug webpage

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема Re: Link to bug webpage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > Yes, but we have to add items that don't come in through the database,
> > > and mark them as done/duplicates if we want it to be useful.
> >
> > Not necessarily.  If someone discovers one that's not in the database
> > they'll add it.  If it's already fixed it'll get closed out but will
> > still be in the database.  It's not intended to be a todo/isdone list
> > or a development history reference.  We have a TODO list and CVS for
> > that stuff.
>
> How do you communicate that to people looking at the content?

Actually right now I'm just trying to communicate that to you.

>                                                                 Do you
> put in big letters at the top, "This list is not complete."  The fact an
> items is missing from the list (new bug) is just as important as an item
> appearing on the list.

In any situation the list not being complete should be more than obvious.
The important part here that seems to be slipping away is that noone is
updating it when things are fixed (sans Phillip).

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net        56K Nationwide Dialup from $16.00/mo
atPop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore
http://www.cloudninegifts.com