Re: Link to bug webpage

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема Re: Link to bug webpage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > > If anyone was concerned about our bug database being visible and giving
> > > the impression we don't fix any bugs, see this URL:
> > >
> > >     http://www.isthisthingon.org/nisca/postgres.html
> > >
> > > Not only does it show the problems he had with PostgreSQL, he uses our
> > > bug list as an example of how PostgreSQL isn't advancing or interested
> > > in fixing bug.
> > >
> > > We better remove that web page soon:
> > >
> > >     http://www.ca.postgresql.org/bugs/bugs.php?2
> > >

> > Ok the functionality as well as the menu item are gone.  You do realize
> > it's going to give the impression that we're trying to hide something,
> > don't you?
>
> Uh, what choices do we have?  Do we want to update that database, seeing
> as only a small percentage of bug reports come in through that
> interface?

There are over 400 in the database.  If that's a small percentage then
so be it, but it's still over 400 bugs that appear to have been ignored.
Having a place to look up possible problems and seeing if there was a
solution seems to be a plus to me, but if you don't want it it doesn't
bother me either way.   The lookups are currently disabled, ball's in
your court.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net        56K Nationwide Dialup from $16.00/mo
atPop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore