Re: locked up backends

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема Re: locked up backends
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Randall F. Kern" <randy@spoke.net> writes:
> > I see this pretty often on 7.1b4, running on redhat linux 6.2 (or 7.0;
> > same problem on both).  My lockups are always either INSERT or UPDATE,
> > and all the other backends are shown as "idle in transaction".
>
> Oh?  7.1 doesn't have the problem I was thinking of, so you may have a
> different issue.  Could you attach to the stuck backends with gdb and
> get a backtrace from each one, so we can see approximately what they're
> doing?  (It'd help if you've compiled with debug symbols.)

How 'bout this version?

PostgreSQL 7.0.2 on i386-unknown-freebsdelf3.2, compiled by gcc 2.7.2.1

I was away all day and came back to a logcheck message about running
out of swap and a process being killed.  ps -axww showed a number of
these:

/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres nobody 127.0.0.1 twig idle

twig's a web based pim.  I also noticed a bunch of messages that told
me there were some messages that imapd had trouble with.  ISTM that
these should've been killed off by something before the OS did it.  I
killed them off (9 of them) by HUPping httpd.   Is this closer to what
you were thinking?

Vince.