Re: Re: [SQL] PostgreSQL web page

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема Re: Re: [SQL] PostgreSQL web page
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Kaare Rasmussen wrote:
>
> > I wonder why http://www.postgresql.org is not updated with news. The
> > latest "Latest News" is from Nov 16. I have to go to
> > http://www.pgsql.com to find some interesting news later than that:
> > 2000-12-22 PostgreSQL, Inc. Releases Open Source Replication & Database
> > and                            2000-12-12 2000 Linux Journal Editor's
> > Choice Award for Best Database
> >
> > In fact I was looking for the Replication server. No mention seems to be
> > available on postgresql.org.
> >
> > Also the mailing list archive for pgsql-sql is not listed here:
> > http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/index.html  - but you can see it
> > if you write the correct URL yourself.
>
> I have no graphical browser right now, and lynx isn't installed, so I'm a
> bit at a disadvantage here ... but, pgsql-sql *should* be listed under
> users-gallery, not devel ... devel is -hackers, -bugs, -ports, etc ...

Unless the clock on hub was wrong, I have the award happening on
11/16/Y2K.   The replication server info was a press release by
PostgreSQL, Inc.  Not the PostgreSQL Global Development Group.   Between
GB and PG,Inc with the constant barrage of press releases I made the
decision months ago that NO press releases from ANY group would be posted
on the PostgreSQL website - these groups have their own websites for that
and PostgreSQL.org doesn't need to be caught up in the middle.

pgsql-sql is in the users section - both info and archives.

> Beyond that, the web site is maintained by Vince ... but I thought the
> Award was definitely up there already ...

Both on the main page and in latest news.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from
$16.00/moat Pop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop
Superstore   http://www.cloudninegifts.com