Re: Your RDBMS Survey ...

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема Re: Your RDBMS Survey ...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
This is on their website:

2000-12-04  07:56:51 CET

As some people contacted us what was going on with the current survey (the
PostgreSQL vote significantly decreased from one second to another), we'd like
to inform you, that, after some additional research, this correction from
our side turned out to be unjustified.

The decrease was initially done because of a suspicion of mass-voting for the
item in question. However, the tremendious vote increase for PostgreSQL was
caused by a group of PostgreSQL supporters rather than abusive behavior.

The number of votes is now reset to the all-time high (1524 votes). We're
sorry for any excitement this may have caused!

On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> A couple of days ago, one of our brethren noticed and pointed us to your
> survey asking which RDBMS we prefered/were using ... pride in our choice
> prompted alot of us to pop over to your site and register our vote
> ... when I put mine in, the results were at something like 1461 for PgSQL
> and now they are down to 510 ...
>
> one of our brethren has seen it be reset back to 450 at least twice so far
>
> I'm curious ... is this survey supposed to have any accuracy to it, or are
> the results fixed? *raised eyebrow*
>
> Marc G. Fournier                   ICQ#7615664               IRC Nick: Scrappy
> Systems Administrator @ hub.org
> primary: scrappy@hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org

 128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking