Re: table restruct...

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: table restruct...
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Thu, 20 Sep 2001, David M. Richter wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Thanks, to You!
>
> Yes I have to do . Now I solved that problem with rename the original
> table study to _study
> then create the new right structured table study , Insert into study
> (chilioid,...,...) SELECT * FROM _study;
> Ok not elegant but it works.
>
> Another questions:
> Can I change the physical order of the rows in a database?

You mean the order the rows are stored on disk?  AFAIK, only cluster, and
that has a lot of caveats, and doesn't keep the rows in any particular
order after that.

> Is the order of a database under all circumstances the same? (in pg)

Umm, not really.  In general under 7.1 and earlier, I think the heap
rows are in order of insertion (at least before a vacuum, but I'm not
sure about after).

> That is essential for my further restruction of the database...

Given that sql guarantees nothing about row ordering, I'm not sure
what kind of restructuring you're trying to do.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: