Re: returning value from inside a transaction

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: returning value from inside a transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, Matt wrote:

> create table tez (i int);
> insert into tez values(3);
>
> create function tezt0(int) returns int as '
> begin work;
>         lock table tez;
>         select * from tez as r;
> commit work;
>
> select tez.i;
> ' language 'sql';

It looks to me from testing reasonably recent sources
that the above really isn't safe.  Since we don't have nested
transactions, that's not a separate transaction from whatever
it's running in, but instead the begin will NOTICE if you're in a
transaction and the commit will commit it and now you're no longer
in a transaction...
 begin;
  select tezt0(4);
  insert into tez values (4);
 rollback;
will end up with tez getting the row and a notice about the fact
you weren't in a transaction from rollback.  Is this really reasonable
behavior?