Re: WHERE on an alias

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: WHERE on an alias
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Joseph Shraibman wrote:

> That was just an example.  My code doesn't use group by, it uses a subselect.  And I
> checked and having doesn't work with aliases either.

Okay.  I know why WHERE doesn't support aliases, but was a little confused
by the example.  The reason for that is that the select list isn't
worked out until after the rows are qualified and it technically fits
spec.

I think it might fall into something like (untested):select * from (select a, (...) as subsel from taba) as foo where
foo.subsel>5;
to fit standard, but that's pretty ugly...