Re: must I create the function check_primary_key ?

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: must I create the function check_primary_key ?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Peter J. Schoenster wrote:

> I want to use this referential integrity etc. that I've never used in
> mysql ... so I tried many things and looked here and there ... My
> example below produces this error:
>
> > CreateTrigger: function check_primary_key() does not exist
>
> Here is what I was trying to create:
>
> DROP TABLE company_profile;
>
> CREATE TABLE company_profile (
>     employer_id int4,
>     leadership text,
>     company_description  text,
>     key_financial_statictics varchar (255),
>     company_name varchar (255),
>     url varchar (255),
>     sec_fillings_url varchar (255),
>     mission text,
>     employees int4,
>     type varchar (50),
>     growth_rate varchar (50),
>     culture  text,
>     year int4,
>     PRIMARY KEY (employer_id)
> );
>
> CREATE TRIGGER employer_id_exists
> BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE ON company_profile FOR EACH
> ROW
> EXECUTE PROCEDURE check_primary_key('employer_id',
> 'employer_profile', 'employer_id');

You probably just want to use a REFERENCES constraint
employer_id int4 REFERENCES employer_profile(employer_id)

You'll need to have a primary key or unique constraint
on employer_profile(employer_id).  The references constraint
will also prevent you from deleting a employer_id
row that is being referenced.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: