Backend sent D message without prior T

От Jeff Eckermann
Тема Backend sent D message without prior T
Дата
Список pgsql-general
My main server is down, so I am using my backup copy on a different
database.
Based on past posts I have read, this error is usually associated with
running out of memory for the query result.  Problem is, I am only
expecting about 30 lines of moderate length to be returned....  I see
nothing in the query which would produce unexpected results: unless my
beserk use of regular expressions has something to do with it?
Note the strange switch to "copy" mode following the error.
I would appreciate any suggestions.
PostgreSQL version 7.03 running on FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE.
256M memory available...
TIA

extracts=# \o ls_dsl.txt
extracts=# select p.* from products p, customers c where p.arbor_acct_no =
c.external_id and p.product_description ~ '^VGS' or (p.product_description
~* 'dsl' and (c.rev_rcv_cost_ctr ~ '^180' or c.bill_state ~* '^la$'));
Backend sent D message without prior T
Enter data to be copied followed by a newline.
End with a backslash and a period on a line by itself.

>> ^C
>> \.
Unknown protocol character 'l' read from backend.  (The protocol character
is the first character the backend sends in response to a query it
receives).
PQendcopy: resetting connection
extracts=#