RE: cannot get CREATE TABLE AS to work

От Stephan Szabo
Тема RE: cannot get CREATE TABLE AS to work
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, Creager, Robert S wrote:

> Well, that explains why I wasn't seeing any appreciable speed increase with
> the INITIALLY DEFERRED.  I tried mucking in pg_class, and saw a 3 fold
> increase in insert speed on inserts into my table with 2 relational
> triggers.  SET CONSTRAINTS ALL DEFERRED does nothing to very little to
> increase the insertion speed.  15min 'INITIALLY DEFERRED' vs 13min 'ALL
> DEFERRED' vs 5min 'pg_class update'.  And that 15 vs 13 could be machine
> activity.

Yeah, theoretically if we could do something where it knew that there were
alot of them and tried to fall back to doing a single big check rather
than lots of little ones we'd get a performance increase, but I can't
really think of a good way to do that with what we have right now...

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: