Re: Inheritance Question

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: Inheritance Question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Neil Burrows wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A quick question about Inheritance here.
>
> If a table has FOREIGN or PRIMARY KEYs in it, and then another table which
> inherits this table is created, the inherited table will not have the KEY
> constraints.  Is this correct?

Yes currently, although that's not guaranteed to stay true, since most
people using inheritance want the constraints to be inherited, there's
just been a question of what that means precisely and how to do it.

For what you're doing, I'd suggest making a base table that defines the
"type" and inheriting two copies one for your main table and one for the
history.