Re: Trouble With JDBC

От Corey Mosher
Тема Re: Trouble With JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
No, to run the program I am using:
java sample

To compile it I am using:
javac sample.java

I have had other simple programs running (the usual hello world apps)
and they seem to work fine.  Just this one for some reason gets the
error.

Corey

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Bob Kline wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Corey Mosher wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> >   I am trying to test out the postgres-JDBC driver.  I have a
> > file called sample.java.  It compiles fine, but when I run it
> > I get the following error:
> >
> > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sample/java
> >
> > This is what my classpath is set to:
> >
> > export CLASSPATH=.:/usr/local/java_pkgs/jdk1.1.8/lib/postgresql.jar:$CLASSPATH
> >
> > Anyone have any idea as to what is wrong?  It looks as if it can't
> > find the sample.class file, but it does exist in the current
> > directory.
>
> You might want to start with an introductory book on Java.  It looks as
> if you've included the source code filename extension in your
> command-line invocation of the program.  Drop the ".java" and see what
> happens.

Corey Mosher

-----------------------------
Hub.Org Networking Services
251 Main St.
Wolfville, NS
Canada
B0P 1X0
Email: corey@hub.org
Phone: (902) 542-3657
-----------------------------
PostgreSQL, Inc.
251 Main St.
Wolfville, NS
Canada
B0P 1X0
Email: corey@pgsql.com
Phone: (902) 542-0713
Fax:   (902) 542-5386

От: Bob Kline
Сообщение: Re: Trouble With JDBC
От: Mirko Zeibig
Сообщение: newbie: retep wants to have username?