Re: OLD.oid issues...

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: OLD.oid issues...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Rod Taylor wrote:

> create table example (
>   original_oid oid REFERENCES table(oid)
>         ON UPDATE CASCADE
>         ON DELETE SET NULL
> );
> --
> ERROR:  UNIQUE constraint matching given keys for reference table "table" not found
>
> Postgresql 7.1beta3.  I'd consider these to be bugs myself but I've not =
> tried them in previous versions to know if it's really just a new =
> feature :)

Actually I know the latter never really should have worked in past
versions.  It may have let you define it before, but I believe it would
have errored on the actual fk constraint when used, now it just won't let
you define it. I think referencing oids is on the todo list (although
you have to give ref actions like the ones you have or the constraint is
pretty ugly).