Re: CONSTRAINT problems

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: CONSTRAINT problems
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
This a known problem which is caused by subselects in check constraints.
Current sources seem to give an error message at create time:
    ERROR:  Cannot use subselect in CHECK clause

In general subselects in check constraints also may constrain tables
that the subselect mentions.  In your case this wouldn't probably be
a problem, but it's difficult to tell the cases apart.

You can probably do this with a before insert/update trigger in
pl/pgsql at the current time though.