Re: Idea for reducing planning time

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: Idea for reducing planning time
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
sorry, meant to respond to the original and deleted it too fast ...

Tom, if the difference between 7.0 and 7.1 is such that there is a
performance decrease, *please* apply the fix ... with the boon that OUTER
JOINs will provide, would hate to see us with a performance hit reducing
that impact ...

One thing I would like to suggest for this stage of the beta, though, is
that a little 'peer review' before committing the code might be something
that would help 'ease' implementing stuff like this and Vadim's VACUUM
code ... read through Vadim's code and see if it looks okay to you ... get
Vadim to read through your code/patch and see if it looks okay to him
... it adds a day or two to the commit cycle, but at least you can say it
was reviewed before committed ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org