Re: Your RDBMS Survey ...

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: Your RDBMS Survey ...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Good point, about the proxy ... we run Squid at work, and you are corect
that REMOTE_ADDR will show up the proxy server's IP, but, at least with
Squid, a second environment variable will be setup in that case, called
'HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR', that contains the true IP of the visitor ...

A simple:

if(HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR) {
    use this IP
} else {
    use REMOTE_ADDR
}

would work around that limitation/problem ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org