Mailing List Slowdowns ...

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Mailing List Slowdowns ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
As a large part of you will have noticed by now, this past week has been
killer on the mailing lists.  One of the web clients on that machine
decided to not warn us of one of their countries holidays, and, as a
result, we got hit with a diluge of hits, similar to a slashdot effect ...

We ordered, yesterday, a new Dual-PIII 733Mhz server that we are moving
all of the mail services over to, including the PostgreSQL mailing lists,
so that they are seperate from the web servers, so that this doesn't
happen again in the future.

The server is supposed to get in later today and installed between then
and tomorrow.  then we'll start to migrate over the mail services ...

If a Dual-PIII 733Mhz server dedicated to email can't handle the load,
then I'm going to be very afraid ...

Sorry for the inconience this is causing, and thanks for the patience ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org