Re: pgsql-committers list definitely wedged

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: pgsql-committers list definitely wedged
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Tom Lane wrote:

> > but I see at ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/dev/ that the nightly
> > snapshot hasn't updated since Monday either.
>
> As of this morning, it looks like the tar.gz files all got updated
> at 4AM EDT last night, but to judge by timestamps, the associated
> .md5 files didn't.  What the heck?  What script is being run by the
> cron job, anyway?  ~pgsql/bin/mk-snapshot does not look like it could
> behave this way.

00 04 * * *   /home/projects/pgsql/bin/mk-snapshot

And, actually, looking at the script again, it does look like it can
behave this way ... if you run a script from cron, its PATH gets set to a
'secure path', which is very limited.  I set it to a specific PATH so that
/usr/local was included, but didn't realize that md5 was in /sbin ... just
added that to the path for tonights run and am running it manually now so
that its all in sync ...