C++ client libs

От Randy Jonasz
Тема C++ client libs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could offer me some pointers in extending the
C++ classes used for client applications?  I'm interested in developing a
set of C++ classes which will interact directly with the postgres back-end
with the following enhancements to the current implementation:

These are preliminary musings and definitely open to change.

1) Implement connections as a stream object. e.g.   db = new pg_database(char * connection_params);  db << sql_string;

2) Implement results as a returned object from pg_database  result = db.exec();  result >> field1 >> field2 >> field3;
and field = result["field"];  field = result[fieldnum];

3) Implement asynchronous calls to the back-end permitting multiple  queries to be executed concurrently

4) Implement a standard set of exceptions which can be thrown   ex. if connection to back-end is interrupted or cannot
beestablished  within 30 seconds of the first attempt, throw.

5) I'm looking at making the libraries portable between FreeBSD, Solaris   Linux and Win32.

If anyone has suggestions/additions to this list it would be greatly
appreciated!

Cheers,

Randy Jonasz
Software Engineer
Click2net Inc.
Web:  http://www.click2net.com
Phone: (905) 271-3550

"You cannot possibly pay a philosopher what he's worth,
but try your best" -- Aristotle