Re: AW: How Do You Pronounce "PostgreSQL"?

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема Re: AW: How Do You Pronounce "PostgreSQL"?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Chris Bitmead wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>
> > Just because ppl are referring to the project by the wrong name doesn't
> > make it right...
>
> Which do you prefer? To be the only one who is right, when everyone else
> is wrong. Or to change the definition of right so that the software is
> universally called by its correct name?

Hmmm.  Let's make a little table, shall we?

Proper name        Nickname
-----------        --------
Chevrolet        Chevy
PostgreSQL        Postgres
Christopher        Chris
Marcus            Marc
Robert            Bob
Richard            Rick

Since I don't see Chevrolet changing their name to Chevy just because
everyone calls it that, or Christopher Chris, Marcus Marc, Robert Bob,
etc. why do you feel it necessary to change PostgreSQL to Postgres?

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from
$16.00/moat Pop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop
Superstore   http://www.cloudninegifts.com