Re: proposed improvements to PostgreSQL license

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: proposed improvements to PostgreSQL license
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Ron Peterson wrote:

> This has happened in PostgreSQL's own history.  How long did it take
> for the project to get picked up again?  How long did it take for the
> people who picked it up to familiarize themselves with the code?  How
> long did it take before the community at large developed any
> confidence in the project's viability?  How much talent was lost?
> How many ideas were lost?

Huh?  When?  I, and several others, picked up Postgres95 from the
University of California at Berkeley, following the graduate studies of
Andrew and Jolly, in 1996 ... there has been no copyright change since
then (wish someone had mentioned soon that alther we didn't do any
copyright changes, Berkeley did *sigh*) ...

Prior to that, Postgres95 was a graduate project, that, if I recall
correctly, Andrea and Jolly took on to move Postgres from a PostQuel based
to an SQL based server, but that part of the history I may be wrong on ...

Since '96, there has only been one development effort on PostgreSQL
... that I'm aware of ...