Re: PostgreSQL & the BSD License

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: PostgreSQL & the BSD License
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Tom Lane wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> > I would like to plug this in early next week, unless someone can see
> > something major that makes them feel uncomfortable ...
>
> What are you trying to do Marc, foreclose a full discussion?  I think
> this is *way* premature.

No ... what I posted as a replacement for our current COPYRIGHT is the
*base* that nobody disagrees with ... I don't care if everyone wants to
argue til their are blue in the face for the next 6 months concerning the
two paras that were drop'd, we can always add them in later, its just
removing stuff that is a pita ...

... hell, I'll create a pgsql-license mailing list if ppl want, just to
discuss those two paras and centralize the discussions ...

From the feeling I got from those that have posted to the lists, what is
in the one I posted last night is agreeable to *everyone*, both American
and non-American, since it doesn't change the gist of the BSD license, it
only extends the umbrella of warranty/liability over all of us ...