Re: Postgresql usage clip.

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема Re: Postgresql usage clip.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 30 May 2000, John Steele wrote:

>   IMO, having a 'toy' server during development on a win9x platform
> would be really nice.  Coming from a MySQL/PHP background, it sure is
> nice to take the laptop out on a nice day and be able to develop 'real'
> applications that are then moved to a real server platform.

That's why I have FreeBSD on my laptop.  If I'm going to be gone for any
length of time or it's just nice outside I have a mobile development
platform all set to go.  PostgreSQL, apache, php, qmail, xemacs and
everything else I need for development, wireless lan to keep access to
the net if I'm close enough.  Even have wine installed in case I feel like
playing solitare!

Vince.
 128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking