Re: database file size bloat

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: database file size bloat
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, Matthew Arnison wrote:

> the bloat is a big problem. i just checked it again, and the db has
> balloooned to 20 megs again, with i think 2650 unused pages. this is after
> vacuuming it last night. i guess we need to setup the vacuum script to run
> every hour. i am worried about this locking out users during the
> vacuuming, although i guess if it happens more often, it should take less
> time.
>
> meanwhile, as for upgrading, i think i'll try 6.5.3 first.
>
> version 7 is still in beta. is it atleast as stable as 6.5.3? is it
> atleast as fast as 6.5.3?

it is generally felt in the developer lists that each release is generally
more stable, and faster, then the previous one.  I just put v7.0beta5 in
place as the backend to the PostgreSQL Search function off of
http://www.postgresql.org and with >5million tuples loaded already in the
dictionary table, queries are still taking <1min to complete ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org