Comments requested on "Site Search" ...

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Comments requested on "Site Search" ...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Morning ...

    After upgrading the database server to a dual-PIII, 512Meg of RAM,
v7.0beta5 of PostgreSQL *and* cleaning up one of the queries in udmsearch
to get around a cost estimation in PostgreSQL that favor'd a LIKE query,
we think we've *finally* gotten a search engine setup such that its useful
... but I've been the only one running queries ...

    Simple searches on a database that currently contains 47 759 pages
are taking <1min to return with just me doing queries ...

    Can other ppl try it from their locations, and with their queries,
and let us know whether or not things are "much better" or "just the
same" as they were before?

    Search can be found link'd to the main page at
http://www.postgresql.org ...

Thanks ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org