Re: [HACKERS] Well, then you keep your darn columns

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Well, then you keep your darn columns
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Well, then you keep your darn columns  (Peter Eisentraut <e99re41@DoCS.UU.SE>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Don Baccus wrote:

> At 03:44 PM 1/24/00 -0400, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>
> >Oh, there is a second drawback to it though ...
> >
> >DROP COLUMN name
> >ADD COLUMN name <of a different type>
> >
> >Then what? :(
>
> I don't understand...the idea is to make the old column name
> invisible, and therefore "add column" won't see it either.

so the pg_* file that maintains the 'fields' in a table would have two
fields of the same name, one enabled, one disabled?

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Well, then you keep your darn columns
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Well, then you keep your darn columns