Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump disaster

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump disaster
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > I thought these patches should not have been applied without more
> > peer review, and now I'm sure of it.  I recommend reverting 'em.
>
> Can we give the submitter a few days to address the issue?

Considering that we haven't even gone BETA yet, I *heavily* second this
... Alfred, so far as I've seen, has a) spent alot of time on these
patches and b) tried to address any concerns as they've been presented
concerning them...

IMHO, if we hadn't commit'd the patches, we wouldn't have found the bug,
and getting feedback on the pathes without applying them, so far, has been
about as painful as pulling teeth ...

>From what I've seen, nobody has been spending much time in libpq *anyway*,
so it isn't as if reverting them if we have to is a big issue ...

But, on the other side of hte coin ... Alfred, we need relatively quick
turnaround on fixing this, as libpq is kinda crucial :)

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

От: Brian E Gallew
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Some notes on optimizer cost estimates
От: Thomas Lockhart
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] timezone problem?