Re: [HACKERS] Inprise/Borland releasing Interbase as Open source

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Inprise/Borland releasing Interbase as Open source
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 4 Jan 2000, Don Baccus wrote:

> At 10:39 PM 1/3/00 -0400, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> >On Mon, 3 Jan 2000, Stephen Birch wrote:
>
> (HH):
> >Two points...when will Interbase go open source?  Right now they've
> >announced the intention to do so, and even given a very brood time
> >frame...but, when is it going to happen.  two...what says Interbase will
> >continue to be "as good" when becomes open source and they are no longer
> >making any money on it?
>
> They say they'll continue to sell it via their traditional channels
> and sell support, too.   So it's not really clear what open-source
> means in this context.  Open-source doesn't have to mean the disappearance
> of license fees...
>
> >> You guys have done a great job - but, frankly, IB is better.
> >
> >In what ways?
>
> Outer joins, for one.

currently being worked on by Thomas, schedualed for, I believe, v7.1 this
summer ...

Next? :)

От: The Hermit Hacker
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Inprise/Borland releasing Interbase as Open source
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Inprise/Borland releasing Interbase as Open source