Re: [HACKERS] Odd problem with pg_class ...

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Odd problem with pg_class ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Okay, figured it out...

The problem exists in v6.5.x as well.

Basically, the user had, it seems, accidentally deleted various groups
from pg_group, which he had used to GRANT group permissions on various
tables, causing an error message of:

NOTICE:  get_groname: group 185 not found

to be printed to his errlog.

In v6.5.x, you at least get something out through psql when you do this,
but should we get:

==========================| status           | {"=","group keystone=arwR"}
|+------------------+-----------------------------+
pgsql_keystone=> delete from pg_group where groname='keystone';
DELETE 1
pgsql_keystone=> \z
NOTICE:  get_groname: group 0 not found
pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.       This probably means the backend terminated abnormally
  before or while processing the request.

Doesn't sound very "friendly"...

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] md.c is feeling much better now, thank you
От: Michael Simms
Сообщение: vacuum analyze